Tuesday, February 27, 2024

new from above/ground press: In The Margins. . . . . .of french translations found and remixed by russell carisse, by russell carisse


In The Margins. . . . . .of french translations found and remixed by russell carisse
russell carisse
$5


draws me toward the
“ego”
  away

without a sign
a crying out

* * *

I expel myself
motion
perhaps
it is thus
an other
which “I”
of sobs, of vomit
the
tears and
perspire
makes me balk at
father who
desires
I expel
who am only
myself

but one that
turns me inside
that “I” am
my own death

* * *
published in Ottawa by above/ground press
February 2024
a/g subscribers receive a complimentary copy

russell carisse
is currently living on unceded Wolastoqiyik and Mig’maw territory in New Brunswick. Here they have resettled from Tkaronto into an off-grid trailer in the woods, with their family of people and animals, to grow food and practice other forms of underconsumption. russell is the author of chapbooks, BRICKWORKS (Frog Hollow Press 2021), and English Garden Bondage (above/ground press 2022). Their work can be found online and in print.

This is carisse’s second above/ground press title, after English Garden Bondage (2022).

To order, send cheques (add $1 for postage; in US, add $2; outside North America, add $5) to: rob mclennan, 2423 Alta Vista Drive, Ottawa ON K1H 7M9. E-transfer or PayPal at rob_mclennan (at) hotmail.com or the PayPal button at www.robmclennan.blogspot.com

No comments: