Thursday, October 5, 2023

new from above/ground press: THINGS TO BUY IN NEW BRUNSWICK, by Meghan Kemp-Gee

THINGS TO BUY IN NEW BRUNSWICK
Meghan Kemp-Gee
$5

Blanket


Everyone in Fredericton, New Brunswick keeps asking why I moved here. I buy a plane ticket. I buy another plane ticket. I check my bank balance. I check the time change, I check the clock, I left but didn’t leave you, I throw loneliness away like old clothes. I buy a winter blanket for when it gets cold. Everyone keeps reminding me it will get cold.

published in Ottawa by above/ground press
October 2023
as part of above/ground press’ thirtieth anniversary
a/g subscribers receive a complimentary copy

Meghan Kemp-Gee
is the author of The Animal in the Room and What I Meant to Ask: A Chapbook. She also co-created Contested Strip, the world’s best comic about ultimate frisbee – and soon to be a graphic novel, One More Year. She currently lives in North Vancouver and is a PhD candidate at the University of New Brunswick, Fredericton.

To order, send cheques (add $1 for postage; in US, add $2; outside North America, add $5) to: rob mclennan, 2423 Alta Vista Drive, Ottawa ON K1H 7M9. E-transfer or PayPal at rob_mclennan (at) hotmail.com or the PayPal button at www.robmclennan.blogspot.com

No comments: