Tuesday, November 19, 2019

new from above/ground press: Aftermath or Scenes of a Woman Convalescing, by Amanda Earl

Aftermath or Scenes of a Woman Convalescing
Amanda Earl
$5


I want another music score another second red I have
been throwing up
shapelessness worries me
the mailbox was on the wall
I picked myself up to compliment the
antibiotics I made it to back to the wall
and one step down I am not too wary in
this apartment I am a doll trying to
balance while holding an umbrella
at one with the angels before the nurse
arrives I call him St. Watch
Surprised he dons his hope gloves
and wings writes in his book about my
fever every day I am pale as Gerberas
I can’t keep anything
my favourite system he says
I’m a wild bouquet, a feather on the river, rubbery
legs will return because I barely survived he sings
published in Ottawa by above/ground press
November 2019
a/g subscribers receive a complimentary copy

Amanda Earl
writes in Ottawa, and occasionally other places. She’s the managing editor of Bywords.ca and the fallen angel of AngelHousePress. Kiki (Chaudiere Books) is now available from Invisible Publishing. For more information, please visit AmandaEarl.com or connect with Amanda on Twitter @KikiFolle.

This is Earl’s seventh chapbook with above/ground press, after Eleanor (2007), The Sad Phoenician’s Other Woman (2008), Sex First & Then A Sandwich (2012), A Book of Saints (2015), Lady Lazarus Redux (2017) and The Book of Mark (2018).

[Amanda Earl launches this title in Ottawa as part of the pre-ottawa small press book fair event on Friday, November 22, 2019]

To order, send cheques (add $1 for postage; in US, add $2; outside North America, add $5) to: rob mclennan, 2423 Alta Vista Drive, Ottawa ON K1H 7M9. E-transfer or PayPal at at rob_mclennan (at) hotmail.com or the PayPal button at www.robmclennan.blogspot.com

No comments: